Per4mer is a 14hp eurorack formatted quad performance effects unit. Inspired by time-honored DJ effects processing boxes, Per4mer allows for a hands-on and CV / Gate controlled eurorack effects performance interaction. Whether momentarily engaging or latching FX, Per4mer offers an unrivaled and fun experience.
The basic principle of Per4mer is to feed in an audio input and to trigger on-the-fly effects, bringing DJ style live improvisation to a modular environment. Effects can be triggered simultaneously or individually where an inspiring effect palette combines to generate unique creative beats and melodies.
Per4mer includes 4 performance effects (Delay, Reverb, Glitch, Tape Stop) and 2 processing effects (Color processor & Compressor). Each of the 4 performance effects has its own set of 4 parameters controlled by the 4 knobs or CV inputs. Effects can be used simultaneously or individually allowing for a vast variety of creative effects combinations.
The Color processor allows for engaging any of the 4 coloration presets – Classic (12bit), LoFi (8 Bit), Saturation, and Wax. Combine any one of these color presets with the onboard Compressor and Side-Chain input to instantly transform any audio signal’s mood and vibe.
Engaging the Reverb along with the “12-bit classic” color option gives an incredibly lush lo-fi reverb sound while disengaging the color option allows the reverb to remain just as beautifully lush and hi-fi. The potential is nearly limitless.
Per4mer’s ‘Glitch’ effect is inspired by classic beat repeat and looper effects offering 4 controls – Wet/Dry (sound on sound), Loop size, Pitch, and reverse. Conversely, the Tape Stop effect allows for the perfect punctuation of any audio signal.
- 4 no-click 24mm mini arcade buttons (life cycle rated at 10 million button presses)
- 4 knobs to control 4 parameters per effect
- 4 performance effects (Delay, Reverb, Glitch & Tape Stop)
- AR envelop per performance effect
- 2 processing effects (Color and Compressor)
- 8 fixed color presets (Classic (12bit), LoFi (8 Bit), Saturation, Wax, Wax2, LP Filter, HP Filter, White Noise) with wet/dry control
- Compressor with controls for Make-up Gain, Threshold, Ratio, Attack, and Release.
- Sidechain input with Side-chain detection– (activate side-chaining via side-chain input, clock input, or tap tempo)
- Clock input
- Tap tempo
- CV targeting (target specific effects with CV inputs)
- CV control over knobs
- Gate inputs to trigger the arcade buttons
- Stereo input and output
- Width: 14HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Power: 50mA +12V, 50mA -12V
- Built on the ElectroSmith Daisy platform